This is a large site, containing a considerable amount of data and information across a number of different categories. Our first task was to organise the volume of content, and create a logical site map that prioritised good user experience (UX). Some areas of the site (eg the family tree) required different coding language which was seamlessly integrated across the entire site.
- Secure Forum : controlled access for approved archivists to search estate records, and significant works and publications.
- Image Library : contains a significant number of images uploaded by the client using automatic optimisation to crop and resize as necessary.
- Family tree : careful use of graphics, images and biographies help visitors trace ancestry.
- Bibliography and collections : logical layout of the family’s extensive list of publications and collections of photography, art, porcelain, gold and silver.
- Content Management System (CMS) : quick and easy training for the client enables them to upload and update content.
- Pleasing and appropriate design : classical look and feel as befitting a traditional and corporate family organisation.